Baromedical Nurses Association (BNA)
Exciting things are happening through the BNA! Let’s take a look!
First, an important announcement from the November 2017 BNA Newsletter by Annette Gwilliam, BNA President. The BNA will have the 1st Annual BNA Day on April 3, 2018! More information is coming regarding online festivities and education. As a special treat, we will be having a live webinar on CO presented by the nurses at Duke in conjunction with BNA day. If you are not already a member, this is the time to join and be a part of the celebration! There are so many opportunities in this very dynamic organization, including becoming a board member, committee member, or general member. You, your ideas and enthusiasm are welcome!
Continuing education is available through the BNA in two avenues: online education and LIVE webinars. These are free to BNA members and at a nominal charge of $15.00 for each one-hour offering for non-BNA members. The courses are approved by the California Board of Nursing. These courses are offered periodically with certificate of completion emailed within two to three business days. New course offerings are in the works.
The list of the current courses (also listed on the BNA webpage at hyperbaricnurses.org) are:
- Oxygen Toxicity in the Multiplace Chamber
- Francis Torcotte, BSN, CHRN
- Kevin Kraft, BSN, ACHRN
- Jen Siewer, BSN, CHRN
- Ciara Sentelik, BSN
- Updates to Surveying Hyperbaric Medicine Facilities
- W.T. Workman, MS, CAsP, CHT-A, FAsMA
- Encouraging Patient Compliance in Hyperbaric Medicine
- Becky Greenwood, BSN, RN, CWOCN
- Annette Gwilliam, BSN, RN, CWON, ACHRN
- Promoting Best Practice for Identification and Treatment of Gas Embolism
- Debbie Critz, BSN, RN, ACHRN
- Developing a Hyperbaric Medicine Program Utilizing National Quality Measures
- Robin Ortega, MS, BSN, CHRNC, CWCN
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers: HBO Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Eugene Worth, MD
- Systems Issues and Patient Safety
- Mary Brann, DNP, MSN, RN
- Necrotizing Fasciitis and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Monica Skarban, MSOLQ, BSN, RN, CHRNC
- HBO Safety
- John Duffy, MS, CHRNC, CWS
The website has the names and contact information of the board members for you to contact for questions, mentoring, volunteering, education, certification information, etc.